[MPlayer-users] One last appeal for help with RealMedia files

John Brown johnbrown105 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 23 17:40:49 CET 2005

>Don't expect mplayer ftp to be working in the near future.
>
>As for possible alternatives:

Noted.

>it's just that there just aren't many people here that even have
>a Windows system available to them.

I accept the fact that I am in the wrong place.

>>mplayer-cygwin is "For Developers".
>It is listed under Developers in the mailing list section, but that's
>probably just left over
>from long ago.

So don't be mad at *me*.

>>The online documentation ... says  nothing of the kind.
>  You're right...  Hmm, wonder where that went...

So don't be mad at *me*.

What I cannot accept is being told to RTFM when the *real* problem is that
the FM is FOutdated. Of course, I could have cleared up that little
misunderstanding long ago, if only someone had responded. This is why I
prefer dragon breath to silence. Speaking of which, if you really want
better bug reports, a puff or two in the direction of the maintainers of the
docs may do the trick.

Yes, everyone works on the project for free in his spare time.
Yes, I could spend some money and get some software that will work for me.
Yes, I don't have a right to a response.
Yes, I am in the wrong place, but this is where I was told to go.

Just don't accuse me falsely.

I will sign up at MPlayer-cygwin as soon as I find out how, as the link in
the documentation (http://mplayerhq.hu/mailman/listinfo/mplayer-cygwin) is
not working.

I think that this thread can be closed now, and I will make one last post on
the topic of subscribing.