[MPlayer-users] Outputting SVCD-compliant MPEG 2

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at email.it
Fri Nov 18 17:41:05 CET 2005

Tony Houghton wrote:

>In <20051118031634.GH247 at brightrain.aerifal.cx>, Rich Felker wrote:
>

>>On Fri, Nov 18, 2005 at 01:29:14AM +0000, Tony Houghton wrote:
>>

>>>I've got a new problem with my SVCD project: although vcdimager appears
>>>to generate a valid image, the film is completely garbled. I think the
>>>main problem is that it's an MPEG 2 stream in an MPEG 1 file.
>>>

>>You should tell us what options you're using with mencoder.. obviously
>>they're wrong. :)
>>

>Nah, I'm pretty sure it's because of the MPEG 2 stream in the MPEG 1
>container format. I found a suitable demuxer in the end (mpegdemux),
>remuxed with mplex -f 4 and it works fine now. :-)

the default format in mpegopts is mpeg2; if you don't override it with
format=mpeg1
the output won't be in mpeg1.
For svcd you should use format=xsvcd. Why don't you post the command
line you used?

 Sponsor:
 Nierle Media, il tuo shop okline con le migliori occasioni su CD e DVD vergini. Scopri tutte le offerte!
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=4280&d=18-11