[MPlayer-users] bugreport: crash with -fs

Dietmar Hofer didi at a-t-s.at
Thu Nov 17 16:54:01 CET 2005

Hi again

> You may want to try CVS version before 12 Oct 2005 12:11:27 (version
> 1.121 of swscale_template.c), which is the last commit that was done
> on to swscale_template.c (the file which on which mplayer crashes).

You're right. The version of 12 Oct 12:00 doesn't crash. while the one of 14
Oct does.

> > I try my best to give all necessary information, since this is my 1st
> > bugreport here. Please advice me if I miss something.
>
> No, your bug report is exactly what we'd like to see from bug
> reporters more ofter. Congratulations, here's a star for you! -> *

thanks *g*

> Please try, if possible with another version of gcc: either gcc-2.95,
> gcc-3.4 or 4.0.

hmm, this is my PC @work and I have no clue how to install another version on
SuSE (don't want to make experiments here)...
This may sound strange since I compile mplayer from CVS, but I need newest
versions because I work with H.264.

I looked at the code and it seems that the problem sits in Assembler code.
That's too "high" for me :-)

If I can do something else to help, let me know.

thanks and regards
didi