[MPlayer-users] Saved streams and subtitles?

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at email.it
Mon Nov 14 11:05:46 CET 2005

Ville Herva wrote:

>>do you mean that some transmitter is using dvd subtitles in dvb?
>>wise :)
>>although it's not standard (the dvb consortium specified a
>>very complex format for subtitles (it looks like a mixed SPU/text stream))
>>

>I'm not sure they are _DVD_ subtitles (how did you get that impression?)
>
>I was under the impression they are dvb subtitles, but I'm not sure.
>
>However, the subtitles are separate from the video stream and _do_ show up
>in mplayer and xine when I watch the stream directly. When I save the
>stream, the subtitles seem to get lost somehow.

because the only subtitles that can be extracted and shown in TS are DVD
ones,
especially if you say that subs are separate from the video stream

 Sponsor:
 La tua mail personalizzata, completa di antivurus e antispam, uno spazio web e assistenza tecnica gratuita, prova la differenza clicca qui
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=4080&d=14-11