[MPlayer-users] Question

Claudio García Iglesia monrad at speedy.com.ar
Wed Nov 9 00:24:49 CET 2005

Hi. I'm using mplayer to watch LiveTV with my Hauppauge PVR-250. I'm
using nc6 so I don't need a .mpg file and I don't have to worry about HD
space.

I have two questions:

1) I have to deinterlace the image. That's ok, I use pp filters. Is
there any way to use double refresh rate? I'd love to watch sport games
with let's say, almost 60 fps instead of 30. Motion is different from
real TV and that's something I don't like =(

2) Every time I change the channel from another application, mplayer
doesn't seem to handle that change very good. I mean, I change the
channel and mplayer displays the new channel, but it begins to play
choppy video. Pressing the space bar two times solves the problem. Is
there any way to solve this? Maybe if I could use some kind of buffer
this problem shouldn't happen.

Thanks a lot. If you need more information about what exactly I'm doing,
let me know =)

Monrad