[MPlayer-users] Transcoding 18 fps mpeg4 to VCD-compliant mpeg

Steven M. Schultz sms at 2BSD.COM
Mon Nov 7 19:49:30 CET 2005

On Mon, 7 Nov 2005, RC wrote:

> I haven't found a (DVD) player yet that would handle VCDs at 23.976fps
> yet, nor 48khz audio.  It's also predictable that "format=mpeg1"

	Perhaps not 48khz audio but FILM SIF is part of the VCD 1.1
	specs (2.0 added the 352x288 "PAL" framesize):

	http://www.vcdimager.org/pub/vcdimager/manuals/0.7/vcdimager.html

> doesn't work.  You really, really need to read-up on VCD standards. The

	Yep - and reading will confirm that the NTSC converted film rate
	is allowed.  The 48k audio isn't mentioned but I've never had
	a problem with it.

	Cheers,
	Steven Schultz