[MPlayer-users] Problem reading audio,

John geearf at free.fr
Sun Nov 6 15:07:22 CET 2005

Hello,

I have a problem with mplayer, but yet I am not quite sure where it
comes from.
When playing a video in an mp4 container with mp3 audio and X264 for the
video, the sound is not good, sometimes I can hear some 'artifacts' and
some other times the sound just repeats itself. I have build various CVS
of mplayer, ffmpeg and x.264 but nothing changed this.

I have been told by some people having the same problem that it might be
just a problem reading the header of the mp3 in the mp4 container or
something like this, but I cannot be sure.

I am having lot of these :

mpg123: Can't rewind stream by 28 bits!3  51/ 51 34% 10% 55.5% 16 0 17%
mpg123: Can't rewind stream by 36 bits!7  52/ 52 34% 10% 52.8% 17 0 39%

And sometimes also the "Your system is too SLOW to play this!" , but I
shoul not I think.
My computer is a laptop with a P m 1.3GHz 512Mb and a radeon m9000. It
should be enough, but even with framedrop quality low and all, I'm
having the sluggish audio.

I don't have any problem reading this file with VLC, and as both players
are somehow built upon ffmpeg, I am not quite sure where my problem
comes from.

Thanks for any help,

If anyone wants, I should be able to provide a sample of the file, I
just need to search for how cutting a video without vdub ;)

John