[MPlayer-users] Audio Issues with the Apple HD trailers

Kevin DeKorte kdekorte at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 2 23:06:50 CET 2005

On Wed, 2005-11-02 at 21:37 +0100, Roberto Togni wrote:
> On Wed, 02 Nov 2005 07:09:44 -0700
> Kevin DeKorte <kdekorte at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm having some audio issue with current CVS when playing the Apple HD
> > video. The audio in these files was great up until about a week ago
> >
> > Test file (40MB)
> >
> >  wget
> > http://movies.apple.com/movies/wb/harry_potter_goblet/harry_potter_goblet-tlr2_h480p.mov
> >

> > I think there might be something wrong on how the MOV header is read
> > since I am getting these errors
> >
> > MOV: unable to determine audio samplerate, assuming 44.1kHz (got 0)
> > FAAD: compressed input bitrate missing, assuming 128kbit/s!
> >

> Works for me, even if it prints a lot of messages with -v before
> starting playback.
>
> Ciao,
>  Roberto

Got it!

I went back to using the internal FAAD vs the external FAAD I was using
to try and diagnose the Jarhead playback problem. The jarhead trailer
still fails with

Opening audio decoder: [faad] AAC (MPEG2/4 Advanced Audio Coding)
FAAD: Failed to initialize the decoder!
ADecoder init failed :(
ADecoder init failed :(
Cannot find codec for audio format 0x6134706D.

but at least now I have the Harry Potter one working again.

Kevin

--
Get my public GnuPG key from
http://keyserver.veridis.com:11371/export?id=7574690260641978351