[MPlayer-users] [feature/bug] rebuild index while playing

Alexander Fieroch fieroch at web.de
Wed Nov 2 11:17:11 CET 2005

Guillaume POIRIER wrote:
> mplayer -idx <myfile>

yes, I know this option, but that's not the one I need. If mencoder
already has recorded 1 minute when you start mplayer and mencoder is
still recording you can watch more than 1 minute with "-idx" but you
can't seek to a timestamp > 1minute. So you aren't able to seek through
commercials. That makes mplayer useless when you need a player for
timeshift playback. Totem is able to do this and it has to be
implemented for mplayer too.

Regards,
Alexander