[MPlayer-users] Enable Software Mixer in Mplayer

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sun May 29 23:31:34 CEST 2005

cHroMe wrote:

> On 5/29/05, Reimar Döffinger
> <Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> wrote:
>
>> Hi, On Sun, May 29, 2005 at 05:06:51PM +0200, cHroMe wrote:
>>
>>> 1) the -softvol option by default (i try to add a line in
>>> /etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf but it doesn't work)
>>
>> What means "doesn't work"? That's rather imprecise.
>
> sorry, i mean that i can't find the way to add it in the config file,
> i try "softvol" "-softvol" and "af=softvol" with no result

This is explained somewhere in the man page, but I don't know quite
where - it's probably easy to miss it. For options which do not take
parameters (i.e., do not get an "=" on the command line), you need to
given them the parameter "yes" in the config file. So the line you want
(which is in my own post-1.0pre6 config file) is:

softvol=yes

I follow that up with

softvol-max=250

because I don't like the default (and even with that option it's
suboptimal), but that's a matter of preference.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.