[MPlayer-users] monitoraspect

Gianluca Interlandi gianluca at bioc.unizh.ch
Fri May 27 17:15:17 CEST 2005

Hi all!

This is NOT a request nor bugreport, it is something (trivial) I have
figured out and wanted to share it.

I have a 1280x1024 display (nVidia graphics chip). I had noticed that when
using xv video output the image is a slightly higher than it should be
(i.e. 320x256 instead of 320x240) but it is correct when using x11 video
output. You can correct this by specifying the aspect ratio of your
monitor (1280:1024=1.25), i.e.

	mplayer -monitoraspect 1.25 ...

Sorry for adding more mail to this list but somebody might be having the
same problem.

Best,

   Gianluca

Gianluca Interlandi gianluca at bioc.unizh.ch
                    +41 (0) 1 635 55 93
                    +41 (0)79 655 73 35
                    http://biocroma.unizh.ch/gianluca/

PhD-Student of the Department of Biochemistry
at the University of Zurich Irchel, Switzerland