[MPlayer-users] Redirect the video output after filtering to a file

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Wed May 25 09:51:04 CEST 2005

Hi,

On 5/25/05, Manel Mendoza <manel.pfc at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is possible to redirect the video data (the frames without compress in
> RGB o YUV) after decode and filtering and save it into a file? I'm
> trying to compare objective the effects of the differents filters
> applied after decode and I need to save this video into a file?
>
> Once important think is save the video at constant frame rate because I
> need to identify every frame, to make PSNR calculus.

Yeah, it should be possible using a special video out (vo) driver. I
think it's called "yuv" or something like that (get a list with
"mplayer -vo help").
I should work with a command line such as: mplayer in_file.vid -vf
my_filters -vo yuv
There might be some options you want to specify to this driver so that
it outputs the files in a certain directory, and start with a certain
string... but for that kind of thing, just read the man page, it's all
there! :-)

Guillaume