[MPlayer-users] mplayer and Windows Media DRM

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Sat May 21 02:54:44 CEST 2005

On Wed, 18 May 2005 15:41:36 -0700
Andrew Pimlott <andrew at pimlott.net> wrote:

> Could mplayer tell me instead of making me struggle to figure it out
> myself?

Probably not.  What's the difference between a broken file, and a DRMed
file?  How is mplayer supposed to detect that, and not mistake a one
problem for the other?  A developer would  have to look through the
specs of every different DRM implimentation, and include a check for
each one.  Lots of work for no real gain, IMHO.

> Could this fact be added to the documentation or the FAQ?

That is a more likely possibility.  Would you like to submit a patch?