[MPlayer-users] distorted sound on all filetypes on amd64

Konstantin Kletschke lists at ku-gbr.de
Tue May 17 22:37:18 CEST 2005

Hi people!

I recently realized, that mplayer has distorted sound playback on my
computer, I first suspected the speakers to be broken.

It sounds like if the midrange speakers are scratching eith their coils
the case or some sort of that. So, I wan't to say, no bass or treble
distortions. The mid range sounds in some situations like if they were
played with the cheapest bull shit clock radio.

It does no matter if I play dvd, mp3 or ogg.
It does no matter if I use snd-usb-audio, snd-intel-8x0 or snd-intel-8x0
spdif optical output. My machine is an amd64, may be that is from
interest. The problem occurs with pre6 and pre7.

You see, I use the alsa-driver in 2.6.x kernel native. Other
applications (ogg321, xine...) play fine.

mplayer --version
MPlayer 1.0pre7-3.4.3-20050110 (C) 2000-2005 MPlayer Team
CPU: Advanced Micro Devices  (Family: 8, Stepping: 0)
Detected cache-line size is 64 bytes
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 3DNow 3DNowEx SSE SSE2

May be somebody can guide me to debug this or some sort of that...

Regards, Konsti

--
GPG KeyID EF62FCEF
Fingerprint: 13C9 B16B 9844 EC15 CC2E  A080 1E69 3FDA EF62 FCEF