[MPlayer-users] The selected video_out device is incompatible with this codec.

John Francis Lee jfmxl at yahoo.com
Sun May 15 16:05:52 CEST 2005

Hello,

In an effort to improve my Thai I've bought some Karaoke VCDs. I can
here the sound but the picture is green static. The error message is as
below. I downloaded the "all" codecs package and installed to
/usr/share/mplayer/codecs and symbolic linked same to
/usr/local/lib/codecs but no help.

Looks like mplayer is missidentifying the codec required.

Any help?
Thanks.

Opening video decoder: [mpegpes] MPEG 1/2 Video passthrough
VDec: vo config request - 352 x 288 (preferred csp: Mpeg PES)
Could not find matching colorspace - retrying with -vf scale...
Opening video filter: [scale]
The selected video_out device is incompatible with this codec.
VDecoder init failed :(
Opening video decoder: [libmpeg2] MPEG 1/2 Video decoder
libmpeg2-v0.3.1
Selected video codec: [mpeg12] vfm:libmpeg2 (MPEG 1 or 2 (libmpeg2))

--
John Francis Lee
1/9-10 Thanon Trairat