[MPlayer-users] Switching to next title and muxing mpeg files

Sun May 15 15:48:40 CEST 2005

Hi Rich Felker!

 On 2005.05.14 at 15:07:00 -0400, Rich Felker wrote next:

> > Btw, is there a way to disable mplayer's internal fps change for
> > soft-telecined video? I want mencoder to leave frames as is when
> > remuxing mpeg2 to mpeg2. Also, are there other mpeg muxers available? I
> > tried
>
> You cannot remux mpeg that's soft-telecined with mencoder. It does not
> work. Why are you trying to remux anyway?? Just dump the whole thing

Well.. That's why I asked if there is a way to make it work. Or maybe
there is other program that can remux such file and reset timestamps?

> with -dumpstream and cat the two titles together. Or if you want to
> encode, just do:

As I said, it doesn't work - time begins from zero in the second title,
so I can't use external subs. (additionaly, if I "cat" vobs, mplayer
won't be able to use internal subs either).

> mplayer ..... dvd://2 dvd://3
>
> to encode them both together. You probably want to rip the dvd anyway

I want to make one mpeg2 file with continued timestamps. (then master
dvd again, all the same, but without this problem).

> if it's telecined; otherwise it will look like crap when you watch it.

No, several hard-telecined parts last for a few seconds and are black or
almost without motion, so it isn't noticeable.

--

Vladimir