[MPlayer-users] gui enabling

Oleynik Phil Oleynik.Phil at mail.ioffe.ru
Sat May 14 16:00:42 CEST 2005

Msuro Venanzi wrote:

> i tried  and get this message
>
>vo: X11 running at 1024x768 with depth 24 and 32 bpp
>(":0.0" => local display)
>Failed to open /dev/rtc: Permission denied (it should
>be readable by the user.)
>
>so i give the permission 0755 to the file
>retried and get this:
>
>Linux RTC init error in ioctl (rtc_irqp_set 1024):
>Permission denied
>Try adding "echo 1024 >
>/proc/sys/dev/rtc/max-user-freq" to your system
>startup scripts.

This is not important for skin, it also mostly is not seen when playing.
If you are really inclined on precise timings, use -softsleep option.

>so i added that bye and from konsole
>
>retreid and get this:
>
>vo: X11 running at 1024x768 with depth 24 and 32 bpp
>(":0.0" => local display)
>[skin] file (
>/usr/local/share/mplayer/Skin/default/skin ) not
>found.
>Skin not found (default).
>
>so i moved some file from my home/.mplayer to the
>path/usr/local/share/mplayer/Skin/default/skin

This is weird, it works for me from home directory. However, my skin dir
starts from s, not from S. It may be important, even if a bad-style feature.

>if i give ls $HOME/.mplayer/Skin i have

Directory is sane, for the first sight.

Philipp