[MPlayer-users] Re: Exits with broken pipe

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sat May 7 10:01:24 CEST 2005

Hi,
On Sat, May 07, 2005 at 01:11:33AM -0400, Rich Felker wrote:
> On Fri, May 06, 2005 at 11:43:42PM -0500, David Norris wrote:
> > Thanks for your quick answers. Not to push, but is there any chance
> > this patch will make it into the development tree anytime soon? It
> > seems to me like a rather severe bug, and it's certainly been around
>
> What makes it so severe? Granted it's a little bit annoying, but not
> severe enough to warrant an ugly hack to work around it instead of a
> proper fix...

The proper fix is convincing the KDE (and other guys) that just sending
a SIGTERM to a process without asking the user is an extremely stupid
idea. I know that e.g fluxbox (depending on version?) just does nothing or
actually does not display the close button. Anyone who wants can still
use xkill...

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger