[MPlayer-users] Re: Exits with broken pipe

David Norris danorris at gmail.com
Sat May 7 06:43:42 CEST 2005

On 5/6/05, Rich Felker <dalias at aerifal.cx> wrote:
> On Fri, May 06, 2005 at 10:49:18AM +0200, Rickard Närström wrote:
> > I made a patch - witch solve the problem - it's not perfekt - it will exit
> > mplayer with rc 1 (I didn't find out how to exit with rc 0)
> >
> > Sameone of the developers shuld check the patch and relese a better one.
>
> Calling exit_player from vo is not acceptable imo. You should send the
> quit event back to mplayer's main loop and then acknowledge/reject the
> delete request or whatever you have to do..

Guys,

Thanks for your quick answers. Not to push, but is there any chance
this patch will make it into the development tree anytime soon? It
seems to me like a rather severe bug, and it's certainly been around
long enough (Olivier's post was over two years ago). In all other
respects, I love mplayer, and I definitely appreciate all of your hard
work on it :)

Many thanks,
--
David Norris