[MPlayer-users] Codec reporting

Seth Brundle brundlefly76 at hotmail.com
Wed May 4 23:23:46 CEST 2005

It would be nice if configure and mplayer could do some more specific codec
reporting.

For example, during configure, I am not sure if mplayer has found my binary
codecs *unless* it couldnt find the directory.  It reports using some
codecs, but I dont know which are built in and which are being used from the
codecs directory. It would also be nice to have a brief description of the
codec, for example:

./mplayer -codecs

mplayer is configured to use the following built-in codecs:

divx5linux    DivX 5 Codec http://www.divx.com
real              RealPlayer
win32           Windows codecs blah...

And the following codecs found in /usr/local/lib/codecs...

blah
blah