[MPlayer-users] underwater effect on audio?

airplays55 at yahoo.com airplays55 at yahoo.com
Wed May 4 06:17:49 CEST 2005

I untarred the codecs into /usr/lib/win32 and now I
have audio with kplayer, and I'm playing an asf, but
the audio sounds like its underwater (an echoed phase
effect).  xmms sounds normal however, and this asf
clip sounds normal on a different debian box.

I have a sb-live soundcard, maybe its got some wacky
effects enabled? (but I doubt it)

Output from the message log is pasted below:

<snip>
Trying to force audio codec driver family libmad...
Opening audio decoder: [dshow] Win32/DirectShow
decoders
AUDIO: 16000 Hz, 1 ch, s16le, 16.0 kbit/6.25% (ratio:
2000->32000)
Selected audio codec: [voxware] afm:dshow (VoxWare)
vo: X11 running at 1024x768 with depth 16 and 16 bpp
("0:0.0" => remote display)
Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec
codec family
Selected video codec: [ffmp42] vfm:ffmpeg (FFmpeg M$
MPEG-4 v2)
Checking audio filter chain for 16000Hz/1ch/s16le ->
16000Hz/2ch/s16le...
AF_pre: 16000Hz/1ch/s16le
alsa-init: 1 soundcard found, using: default
alsa: 16000 Hz/2 channels/4 bpf/65536 bytes
buffer/Signed 16 bit Little Endian
AO: [alsa] 16000Hz 2ch s16le (2 bps)
Building audio filter chain for 16000Hz/1ch/s16le ->
16000Hz/2ch/s16le...
Starting playback...
VDec: vo config request - 240 x 176 (preferred csp:
Planar YV12)
VDec: using Planar YV12 as output csp (no 0)
Movie-Aspect is undefined - no prescaling applied.