[MPlayer-users] Re: ffmpeg acv1 h264 crashes

adland123 adland123 at yahoo.com
Tue May 3 18:00:17 CEST 2005

Kees Cook <kees <at> outflux.net> writes:

> Hi!  Just noticed that the CVS mplayer (as opposed to 1.0.0pre7) has
> corrected the detection for avc1 h264 codec, but it seems to crash right
> after getting the display set up.

this was a very interesting  large video sample.
Not playable at all for me on windows with quicktime 6.5.2 for some reason.
I am on a AMD 1800+ 32bit platform.
the file "played" for me with todays mplayer CVS build
(with some minor changes required to make the compile work today)
 but it was very slow and not watchable.

unsure why you got the seg fault.