[MPlayer-users] Trying to play a .mpg file using mplayer but not able to view the video

anupama biswas anupamabiswas at yahoo.co.in
Tue May 3 14:08:07 CEST 2005

hi,
  I am trying to view an .mpg file for testing purpose
using Mplayer but i can only hear the audio and cannot
see the video. I am getting the following error
message:

vo_cvidix: No vidix driver name provided, probing
available ones (-v option for details)!
vosub_vidix: Couldn't find working VIDIX driver

My test machine has the following insatlled:
M-Player1.Opre6a  and for fedora core 3 . I tried
insatlling the following rpm for the test machine:

   mplayer-vidix-1.0pre6-1.i386.rpm
 But while installing the above rpm i am getting the
following error message:

mplayer = 2:1.0pre6 is needed by
mplayer-vidix-1.0pre6-1.i386
        mplayer-vidix-driver = 2:1.0pre6 is needed by
mplayer-vidix-1.0pre6-1.i386

How can i successfully view the .mpg file and by
installing what drivers.
Thanks,
Anupama