[MPlayer-users] license acquisition (hockey)

Adam Nielsen a.nielsen at shikadi.net
Mon May 2 12:45:34 CEST 2005

> i have bought the rights for it. However, with windows i'm getting
> prompted for username and passwd and then WMP acquires the license

I was looking into this some time back, and there was a (probably
illegal) program floating around that could remove the DRM protection
provided you had a valid license.  I'm pretty sure it was Linux based,
but it seemed extremely fiddly to get going (trying to extract the
license from Windows files etc.)

Alternatively there are some other ways of doing this under Windows, by
playing the DRM video and then 'capturing' it half way through the
process, thus saving a decrypted file.  I'm sure Google can help out if
you're interested.

Cheers,
Adam.