[MPlayer-users] Could not get buffer from pullup!

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Mon Mar 28 22:47:05 CEST 2005

On Mon, Mar 28, 2005 at 09:45:51PM +0400, Vladimir Mosgalin wrote:
> I'm trying to rip a hard-telecined dvd, and unfortunately it's kind of
> hard to ivtc it. detc & ivtc don't help at all, pullup doesn't work
> correctly on some scene changes, filmdint fails on some fast-motion
> animation, and tends to apply deinterlacing in wrong places with default
> settings.
>
> So I wanted to compare complete results from filmdint and pullup -
> filmdint prints about 130 "Bottom-first field???" while encoding, but at
> least works, but with pullup mencoder prints
> "Could not get buffer from pullup!" message and segfaults in
> pullup_release_frame(). mplayer was cvs up'd at 050317-12:15, and there
> are a few changes in pullup since then (6 changed to 4 in interations).

You are obviously not using latest cvs, and failed to tell us what
version you're using. Also you probably didn't use softskip, even
though the docs say pullup requires softskip.

Finally, the "Bottom-first field" (are you sure you copied that
right??) error messages indicate that either you're putting other
filters before filmdint/pullup (will not work!) or your input file is
horribly broken.

Rich