[MPlayer-users] newer version of ffmpeg code

Nigel Jenkins nigel at nebulus-design.co.uk
Sun Mar 27 20:27:33 CEST 2005

Hi

I'm trying to rip DVD's and movie files to the mp4 format that the Sony
PSP uses, I've had some success using ffmpeg and I'd really like to be
able to use mencoder to do this in a single step (I'm using mencoder to
rip the DVD to disk then ffmpeg to make the special PSP mpeg4 file)

It looks like MPlayer is using an older version of the ffmpeg libraries
that doesn't have the code that can write out PSP files.
Is this correct?

Is there any chance of the ffmpeg code used by mplayer getting upgraded,
is it something that is relatively easy to do?

thanks

Nigel