[MPlayer-users] Re: /usr/etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf: No such fileor directory

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Sun Mar 27 17:54:03 CEST 2005

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 13:18:41 +0200
"Manfred Seich" <manfredseich at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Now I did following:
> mplayer dvd://1 /dev/dvd /media/dvd

                        ^^^^^^^^^

Of course that won't work.  You can't play devices or folders as video files (except perhaps in the case of VCDs).

> I don´t know if it´s really depends on my dvd-player or it´s an installation
> problem.

You were already told how to do this, and what you've used is NOT correct.
USER ERROR!

To spell it out for you, try these two:

mplayer -v dvd://1 -dvd-device /dev/dvd

mount /media/dvd
mplayer -v dvd://1 -dvd-device /media/dvd

If neither works, post their output, and someone might be able to help you.