[MPlayer-users] artist and title infos from radio

Matthew W. Miller mwmiller at columbus.rr.com
Fri Mar 25 01:22:36 CET 2005

On Wed, Mar 23, 2005 at 11:59:45PM +0100, Enn wrote:
>Long time ago I was using a foobar2000 for music.
>Now, under linux, I use MPlayer but recently back to foobar for it's
>nice feature :
>displaying artist and song name that currently is playing on radio (if
>radio sends these information).
>Is it possible to make MPlayer to do so ?

No.  It'd be pointless to do so in my opinion, since MPlayer is not
supposed to be a Winamp-type music player.  I suggest trying one or more
of the following:

XMMS       http://www.xmms.org/
zinf       http://www.zinf.org/
beepmp     http://www.sosdg.org/~larne/w/BMP_Homepage
Rhythmbox  http://www.rhythmbox.org/
--
Matthew Miller <mwmiller at columbus.rr.com>
"We should not tolerate elitism.  I hate elitists.