[MPlayer-users] Ripping dvd with DTS audio

Michael Iatrou m.iatrou at freemail.gr
Thu Mar 24 01:34:39 CET 2005

When the date was Thursday 24 March 2005 02:08, D Richard Felker III wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 24, 2005 at 12:59:33AM +0200, Michael Iatrou wrote:
> > When the date was Wednesday 23 March 2005 23:42, D Richard Felker III
wrote:

> > > Because it's all about marketing propaganda. Audiophile newbs think
> > > DTS==god because it has dolby in the name. DVDs with DTS are actually
> > > immensely lower quality because they've wasted almost a megabit/sec
> > > that should have gone to the video.
> >
> > DTS stands for "Digital Theater Systems", where did you see "Dolby" in
> > this name? In many cases (I could say in most) DTS stream _is_ better
> > than DD (Dolby Digital, here comes the "Dolby") or at least different! Of
> > course, you
>
> Marketing stuff about DTS has dolby all over the place. Or am I wrong
> about seeing "Dolby DTS"?? Maybe so; I try to avoid that crap as much
> as possible.

---8<---

I am sorry, I am not going to make a conversation about marketing stuff,
conspiracy theories etc. There is nothing more I should say, anyone who
doesn't have a hearing problem and does have a decent HT, can easily
understand what I am talking about.

--
 Michael Iatrou
 Electrical and Computer Engineering Dept.