[MPlayer-users] Bug with cvs mencoder and mpeg files

G.Roethlin cbreak at gmx.ch
Wed Mar 23 15:17:48 CET 2005

Am 23.03.2005 um 14:57 schrieb Nico Sabbi:

> G.Roethlin wrote:
>
>> This bug affects the encoding of videos provided as mpeg streams to
>> an -ovc other than copy. The following command line fails without
>> indications of an error with the latest CVS. Encoding of the same
>> type of files worked flawlessly with the Version of last week.:
>>
>> ./mencoder -v -v bug20050323.01.mpg -o bug.out.avi -nosound -ovc lavc
>>

> -lavcopts should be used :)
> in any case other people are reporting that the same error shows with
> every other -ovc, so can you
> try and report -ovc xvid and/or -ovc x264, please?

xvid or x264 are not available in my mencoder. I also tried it with
raw, nuv and copy. The problem seems to affect all ovcs but copy.
I stripped my normal -lavcopts and -vf flags, as well as any audio,
since that does not change the  result.
When I use one of my avi files as input, no problem is visible. My
first suspicion was that the mpeg decoder is the cause, but mplayer
plays the file without any problems.

cb