[MPlayer-users] compiling on FC4 ppc test

Bret Hughes bhughes at elevating.com
Sat Mar 19 04:22:05 CET 2005

On Fri, 2005-03-18 at 18:18, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> On Friday, 18 March 2005 at 07:24, Bret Hughes wrote:
> > I am experimenting with a mac mini and trying to get hardware decoding
> > of high res(1024X768) mpeg2 video working.  After dinking with the OS X
> > side for a while (almost maxes the cpu about 97%) and FC3 ppc (100% cpu
> > usage) I thought I would try FC4 test1 but I can't get it to pass the
> > compiler test during configure.
> >
> > I am trying 1.0pre6a dled tonight.  The Changelog mentions that there
> > are gcc 4 fixes but the test in the configure script doe not include any
> > 4x compilers. Should this work or still too new?  I can't seem to build
> > a search for the archives that will find references to gcc version 4
> > without too much chaff with the other gcc references.
>
> AFAIR you have to manually specify the compiler and disable gcc checking
> for the time being. And I think you'll be better off using latest CVS
> snapshot. A lot of fixes went in recently.

Thanks for the feed back.  I'll get the cvs now and see what I need to
do to specify the compiler.  I did not realize in reading the configure
script that a version could/should be specified.

If you know the command line off the top of your head, I would
appreciate your posting it for me and those that follow.

Thanks again,

Bret