[MPlayer-users] Accelerated video without X

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Wed Mar 16 18:55:25 CET 2005

What is the best way to get video without X or the kernel framebuffer?

Using the VESA driver with software scaling (-zoom -xy 800) works, but
it consumes about 2-3 x the CPU cycles as X+xv.

Reading the docs, I am not sure if svgalib with one of its supported
chipsets will provide better results than the native VESA driver.

Having read the directFB site, it seems to be limited to a few video
chipsets...  And doesn't support the i810, the beast I'm working with....

Any other alternatives out there?

--Yan

--
  o__