[MPlayer-users] invalid VBR header. help, please

Mauro Condarelli mc5686 at mclink.it
Mon Mar 14 16:08:46 CET 2005

D Richard Felker III wrote:

>On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 08:45:02AM +0100, Rainer Hantsch wrote:
>

>>Hello!
>>
>>The solution is very simple: Instead of using VBR (variable bitrate) for
>>audio, simply use CBR (constant bitrate). -- Then it works.
>>
>>The problem is that MP3 - when vompressed with VBR - can only be cutted in
>>full MP3 block junks, and they are big.
>>

>This is false. Either way you can only cut at full frames, but frames
>are tiny, only 1152 samples (about 1/40 of a second).
>
>The problem is just that virtualdub sucks and handles AVI incorrectly.

I should point out that avidemux sucks just as much, and in a very
similar way.
Something seems amiss here.

Question:
What (non-sucking!) program should I use to cut out from a recording
(with VBR or ABR audio) some unwanted scenes (commercials or whatever else)?

Question2:
What program should I use to join two recordings? (I'm using "MEncoder
1.0pre6-3.3.4" and "mencoder -oac copy -ovc copy -o output.avi 1.avi
2.avi" does *not* seem to consider 2.avi at all).

Thanks for Your help!
Mauro