[MPlayer-users] Merging multiple avi files into one

George Gabriel grkiran at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 01:11:09 CET 2005

Hi,
I have been facing some problems while trying to merge multiple avi
files into one file. I tried the technique described in the MPlayer
documentation (menc-feat-fix-avi.html)

cat 1.avi 2.avi > 3.avi
mencoder -noidx -ovc copy -oac copy -o output.avi 3.avi

But when I try to seek in the resulting file, the image goes all wierd
for some time, and I get an error on the console "Warning: First frame
is no keyframe" I think it is some problem with the index, but am
unsure how to fix it correctly. I have also tried -noidx and -idx
options together but it did not seem to work.

Thanks & Regards,
Raj Kiran