[MPlayer-users] subtitle problems

Robert Henney robh at rut.org
Thu Mar 10 19:43:49 CET 2005

> However, as of about a month ago I've been having problems with subtitles not
> showing up on almost every DVD (both with mplayer and mencoder). There have
> been a couple of exceptions, which means it's not entirely broken, but it's
> very frustrating as I don't speak enough japanese to watch anime without the
> subtitles. (It's not just anime I see the problem on though).

Are you saying that on some of your DVD's the subtitles will always work
and on other DVD's the subtitles can't be found, or enabled, to the
effect that they end up not appearing at all?  Or are you saying that on
some DVD's not every subtitle will appear but some will?

> Has anyone else encountered this problem? Any suggestions as to where to start
> debugging? (I don't know the codebase at all yet).

I'm in the midst of looking into a similar sounding issue with subtitles
that I've been having, but it may not be releated.

--
robh