[MPlayer-users] Re: audio codec problem on Fedora 3

Stephen Ng stevenng at 123poz.com
Thu Mar 10 05:49:21 CET 2005

Giacomo,

Thanks for your quick response.

I used -aid option after using the -v option to find out which channel
to use. It worked!!

It seems to me that if I do not use the -aid option, mplayer does not
know which channel to use (since there is a dts and an ac3 track) or
does not know which codec to use for a particular channel and spits out
an error!

I have installed mplayer on RedHat 9 before on the same machine and
there was no such problem. Do you or does anyone know if it is a problem
with this version (1.0pre6a) ?

Thanks.

Stephen