[MPlayer-users] subtitle problems

MJH mjhlists-mplayer at liminalflux.net
Thu Mar 10 01:43:11 CET 2005

I've been running the CVS version of mplayer for a while (alternating with the
package for Mdk 10.1) as it often has the bugs fixed before I can report
them. :)

However, as of about a month ago I've been having problems with subtitles not
showing up on almost every DVD (both with mplayer and mencoder). There have
been a couple of exceptions, which means it's not entirely broken, but it's
very frustrating as I don't speak enough japanese to watch anime without the
subtitles. (It's not just anime I see the problem on though).

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Any suggestions as to where to start
debugging? (I don't know the codebase at all yet).

--
"We see the world not as it is, but as we are."