[MPlayer-users] Re: help wanted: using mencoder to make NTSC DVD from transport stream

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at tiscali.it
Sun Mar 6 19:16:22 CET 2005

Nico Sabbi wrote:

> Aaron Peterson wrote:
>
>> I was using -oac mp3lame -lameopts br=96 before, and the original
>> audio was reported by mplayer as divx2 audio if I remember
>> correctly...
>>

> aaaargh, this means VBR mp3, that can't work in mpegs generated by
> mencoder (yet).
> you needed :cbr  in -lameopts

btw this lead me to investigate more deeply:

in case of -oac toolame mencoder.c always AvgBytesPerSecond to 192 kb/s,
that is obviously plain wrong; this leads the muxer to calculate the
wrong pts
for the reason above and also because the number of samples_per_frame
for sample_rates < 32000 is 576 instead of 1152.

Rich, is there any reason why that 192 shouldn't be corrected?

    Nico