[MPlayer-users] Re: How to dub a video with mencoder?

Giacomo Comes comes at naic.edu
Fri Mar 4 12:19:14 CET 2005

On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 04:56:07PM -0500, D Richard Felker III wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 10:41:26PM +0100, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:

> > > Encoding without sound can break a/v sync. You'd be much better off to
> > > use -oac pcm or -oac copy then throw away the sound in the avi file
> > > when remuxing.
> >
> > What if you use -noskip and/or -mc 0?
>
> No, that just makes the problem worse. -mc 0 is implied anyway by
> -nosound. You really have to encode some sound in order for mencoder
> to work right. If you hate this, just resample to 8000 hz 8bit mono
> pcm and it hardly uses any space or cpu time.

The needs to encode some sound in order for mencoder to work right
does apply only to avi or also to mpeg?
Because resample to 8000 hz 8bit mono pcm does not work if you are
creating an mpeg (-of mpeg). I imagine that if I have to encode some
audio in the mpeg, I should use a low freq mp2, isn't it?

Cheers
Giacomo