[MPlayer-users] Re: [-] TV-recording with mencoder, "video-buffer full"

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Thu Mar 3 11:03:41 CET 2005

Hi,
On Thu, Mar 03, 2005 at 09:16:28AM +0100, Rainer Hantsch wrote:
> What I wonder is the bleeding and noisy red. I already reduced saturation, but
> red areas appear, when I click pause, as orange and red interlaced stripes.
> Some lines are red, then it comes to some orange, then back to red... The
> vert. position of the orange lines varies heavily.
> This only happens with RED. Other colors (or a dark red) have no noticable
> effects.

Well, red is the colour that causes most trouble on a normal TV set,
too...
But I am a bit irritated: the problem only happens when you play the
recorded movie and pause it or did I misunderstand that?
If that's the case you should give use the full output of mplayer -v
when playing it - most probably it is caused by the vo you use, try e.g. -vo
x11 for comparison.
But most importantly I think you need to get a newer version - preferably a CVS snapshot.

> # Aufnehmen...
> mencoder -tv on:input=$vinput:driver=v4l:device=/dev/video0:\

-tv on is deprecated afaik, instead you must do -tv input=.... tv://

> -vop crop=$width:$height,denoise3d=8:6:6,pp=md \

-vop is deprecated, the option is now -vf and uses the opposite order of
filters.

> -sws 2 -ssf ls=1 \

As you don't scale anywhere those options seem rather useless to me...

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger