[MPlayer-users] can anyone play the Oblivion trailer?

Oleynik Phil Oleynik.Phil at mail.ioffe.ru
Thu Jun 30 17:36:21 CEST 2005

Hans Stark wrote:

> Hi,
> is anyone able to play the Oblivion trailer with mplayer?
> http://www.bethsoft.com/downloads/video/OblivionTrailerDIVXHD.avi
> VDec: vo config request - 1280 x 720 (preferred csp: Planar YV12)
> VDec: using Planar YV12 as output csp (no 0)
> Movie-Aspect is 1.78:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.
> VO: [xv] 1280x720 => 1280x720 Planar YV12
> [mpeg4 @ 0xa2a140]frame skip 8ct:  0.000   1/  1 ??% ??% ??,?% 0 0 78%
> X11 error: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)?,?% 0 0 78%

It says clearly - insufficient resources. Your card have not enough memory
or xv driver is strange and cannot allocate mem for such a large overlay.
My xv plays fine large movies, tested up to 1440px wide (Nvidia GeForce
128MB)

> MPlayer interrupted by signal 6 in module: vo_check_events
> - MPlayer crashed. This shouldn't happen.
>  It can be a bug in the MPlayer code _or_ in your drivers _or_ in your
>  gcc version. If you think it's MPlayer's fault, please read
>  DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports.html and follow the instructions there. We
> can't and
>  won't help unless you provide this information when reporting a
> possible bug.

Try to use software scaler and find the boundary where it crashes.
Once, I owned ATI Rage and it failed at 720th pixel in width.

Philipp