[MPlayer-users] AAC Streaming

Kichigai Mentat kichigai at comcast.net
Wed Jun 29 05:48:49 CEST 2005

On Jun 28, 2005, at 20.56, Flavio Oliveira wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to do AAC Streaming to MPlayer. Is it
> support? Did someone try it?
Well, *you* could always try it. I mean, it won't wreck your build of
MPlayer. Now, I believe it will work, most likely. However, if your
AAC stream has some kind of encryption or DRM on it, you're screwed.
However, there are streams like the ones done by the local NPR
stations that use a codec called "AACplus" which is *not* your
standard AAC. I don't know if that will work with MPlayer, but it
doesn't work with iTunes or any other AAC decoder, but does work with
VLC. Good luck.