[MPlayer-users] mplayer plugin fail to start a web page when it playback a real audio

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Tue Jun 28 18:52:45 CEST 2005

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 17:25:44 +0800
Yan Rui <rui.yan at gmail.com> wrote:

> But, mplayer plugin failed to work when the plugins want to start a
> web page.

Good.   I wouldn't use mplayerplug-in if it automatically opened web-
pages like Real.  There's probably no way to configure it to work that
way.  I imagine no one has wanted that functionality, and so didn't
write it in to the plugin.

> I am sure that I have already enabled the option "allow content to
> link automatically to web page during playback" in realplayer.
> I am also sure that I have already enabled real support in
> /etc/mplayplugin.conf.

MPlayer's only connection to realplayer is that it uses the real libs
for video/audio decoding.  It doesn't launch realplayer to play videos,
it doesn't read realplayer's configuration, etc.