[MPlayer-users] Re: Problems Encoding to mp3lame

Sean Zimmermann svz90 at pipeline.com
Tue Jun 28 03:29:02 CEST 2005

>> I'm not sure. I recompiled mencoder after the new version of lame
>> and guessed it would detect it automatically. Is there some
>> configure flag that I need to use to tell it to use the new version
>> of lame, or to tell it to use an external version if the one being
>> used is an internal version?
>>
> Not sure, you're out of my domain here. But, what may help, is
> removing config.guess or whatever is there like that. I know it's
> helped with some compiles, may or may not help here

In the cvs tarball I downloaded, there was no config.guess file.

Out of curiosity, if I were to use mencoder to convert the video and
pass the "-nosound" option, use mplayer with "-ao pcm", run lame on
the dumped file, and then mux the two files with "ffmpeg -i
'file1.avi -i 'file2.mp3' -vcodec copy -acodec copy 'outfile.avi'",
would it have the same effect as running mencoder with -oac mp3lame;
specifically, would the audio-video sync be okay?