[MPlayer-users] Conversion from avi to mpeg2 summary

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Mon Jun 27 17:33:56 CEST 2005

Hi,
On Mon, Jun 27, 2005 at 10:44:05AM -0400, Giacomo Comes wrote:
> Question. Is -af lavcresample=44100 necessary? My experience shows that just -srate 44100
> is enough (althouth I always use it with -af-adv force=1).

-af-adv force=1 makes MPlayer use lavcresample instead of the normal
resample filter. Actually I'd advice to use that...
-af lavcresample=... is just another way to make MPlayer do this, though
if you use more audio filters you use it to specify where the conversion
will happen.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger