[MPlayer-users] Conversion from avi to mpeg2 summary

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at email.it
Mon Jun 27 15:09:12 CEST 2005

Guillaume POIRIER wrote:

>Here's what I plan to commit to faq.xml [sure, it's not in the form of
>a patch, but who cares since I'll be the one who'll commit it :-) ]
>
>Please comment on it if needed.
>
><qandaentry>
><question><para>
>How can I create SVCDs?
></para></question>
><answer><para>
>Newer version of MEncoder can directly generate MPEG-2 files that can be
>used to create a SVCD and are likely to be played out of the box on all
>platforms (for example to share a video from a digital camcorder with
>your computer illiterate friends).
><screen>
>mencoder -of mpeg -ovc lavc -lavcopts \
>vcodec=mpeg2video:mbd=2:keyint=25:vrc_minrate=600:vbitrate=2500

:vrc_buf_size=917

>-oac \
>lavc -af lavcresample=44100 -srate 44100 -mpegopts format=mpeg2 \

format=xsvcd.
In order to make the gop structure svcd compliant the keyint should be
15 for pal and 18 for ntsc, although very often much longer gops play
correctly
(I always used 25 without problems).
Please, mention also that the resulting file
- is an extended svcd (that's why it's called xsvcd), mainly because it
doesn't
contain scan offsets
- it should be passed to vcdimager to generate the svcd image

 Sponsor:
 Natsabe.it la più grande erboristeria online italiana
* prezzi bassi tutto l'anno !
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=1298&d=27-6