[MPlayer-users] mplayer on Solaris x86

apostolo at obelix.ee.duth.gr apostolo at obelix.ee.duth.gr
Sat Jun 25 21:51:28 CEST 2005

   Hello,

   First of all I need to publicly express my gratitute to those people
who work really hard to keep alive this excellent piece of software.
Although, one can fairly easily compile mplayer on Solaris x86, still
there are a number of really annoying issue which I decided to put
forth so maybe someone can try to find a solution to them.

1) No matter what I cannot play VCD's on Solaris. I tried to play
    VCDs with volume management on or off, but without any success.

2) With version 1.0pre5try2-3.4.2 I can play almost all QuickTime
    videos, but with 1.0pre6-3.4.2 or newer I can play the same
    videos but some of them have no sound. A typical example is
    the Star Wars trailers.

3) Mplayer 1.0pre6-3.4.2 has no problem to play a theora video with
    ogg sound, but 1.0pre7-3.4.2 fails miserably to play the same video!

4) I have compiler 1.0pre7-3.4.2 with dirac support but it couldn't
    play such videos.

   If someone has managed to find a solution to these problems, I would
really like to know his/her solution.

    Kind regards,

    Apostolos

*Apostolos Syropoulos                                          *
*snail mail: 366, 28th October Str., GR-671 00  Xanthi, HELLAS *
*email     : apostolo at ocean1.ee.duth.gr                        *
*phone num.: +30-25410-28704                                   *
*home page : http://obelix.ee.duth.gr/~apostolo                *