[MPlayer-users] Faster JPEG frame extraction?

Hugo González Monteverde hugonz-lists at h-lab.net
Sat Jun 25 02:55:52 CEST 2005

Hi all,

I can extract frames from an AVI with:

mplayer -ao null -vo jpeg -frames 1000 myfile.avi

but it has to play the file at its own pace to be able to extract them.
As I'm doing this in batch, I'm trying to speed this up and have it be
done as faster as possible (according to the capacities of my box)

I've looked into the docs, but have not been able to figure out how to
do it with either mplayer or mencoder. I'm also looking into the avi
utility transcode for this, but no luck so far.

Any ideas?
Thanks a lot,

Hugo