[MPlayer-users] Conversion from avi to mpeg2 summary

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 15:40:40 CEST 2005

Hi,

On 6/24/05, John Dickinson <john.k.dickinson at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have been working on converting an avi file from a digital camera to
> mpeg2 (playable by windows media player and others(final target an
> SVCD)) for the last week and have had help from several people on
> these lists as well as requests to post the final command line so here
> it is:
>
> mencoder -of mpeg -ovc lavc -lavcopts
> vcodec=mpeg2video:mbd=2:keyint=25:vrc_minrate=600:vbitrate=2500 -oac
> lavc -af lavcresample=44100 -srate 44100 -mpegopts format=mpeg2 in.avi
> -o test.mpg
>
> The real trick seemed to be in getting the sound right.
>
> Without your help it wouldn't have happened. Even though I constantly
> refered to the manpages I lacked the technical background for
> "muxing", resampling, etc. or sufficient knowledge about my taget
> format and its limitations to know what the error messages meant or
> why things wouldn't work.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm not sure where I should add this to the
ML, but I'll keep your mail on hand, and try to updade the doc ASAP.

If you have a suggestion to make, or if you're willing to submit

Guillaume
--
A woman isn't complete without a man.
But where do you find a man - a real man - these