[MPlayer-users] mpeg files by mencoder don't work under Windows

James Courtier-Dutton james.dutton at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 13:52:51 CEST 2005

If someone can provide a mencoder command line that actually works for
playing on windows, and also encodable with windows media encoder I
would be very happy.
None of the commands I have tried so far work. I even tried ffdshow
and that fixed the media player problem, but not the windows media
encoder problem.
I want to use mencoder as the "capture any source format for streaming
using windows media streaming server". But windows media encoder seems
to reject every mpeg stream I try with it.

Thank you

James